Five Lines Through Twelve Dots The Math Forum at NCTM
The challenge is to connect every dot with five straight lines. However, each line must connect to the last (think about a pen you cannot pick up from the paper). The twist to this is that the last line must end at the beginning of the first line.... 3/06/2013 · They're multi-colored and you connect dots with like colors. As Quartz's Zach Seward points out in this excellent Dots strategy guide , the key to the game is making squares. And that's correct.
INTERSECTION MATH And more!
Is there a proof that one must make the lines go outside of the dots' boundary to get the minimum line number? We don’t know if there is a proof, but if you stay inside the 'box' and connect all the dots in a simple zig-zag fashion, from the bottom right dot to the top left dot, then the minimum straight lines you have to trace for a 3x3 pattern is 3 + 2 = 5 (generalizing: 2 n – 1 , see... The 12-dots version of the illusion traces back to scientist and visual-illusions specialist Jacques Ninio, author of a paper on Hermann grid variations published in 2000 in the journal Perception.
CR4 Thread 12 Dots = 5 Lines - cr4.globalspec.com
3/03/2013 · Some might connect the dots like the figures below, but five (5) lines were used instead of four (4) lines only. Some might connect all the points like the figure below. Four lines were used but the lines are not connected. china anne mcclain how to build a better byy 14/06/2008 · Best Answer: 2 vertical lines through the 2 sets of vertical dots. 1 horizontal line through 1 row of horizontal dots and 2 horizontal lines connecting the remaining dots to a vertical line.
Can You Solve the 12 Dot Puzzle? Curiosity.com
14/06/2008 · Best Answer: 2 vertical lines through the 2 sets of vertical dots. 1 horizontal line through 1 row of horizontal dots and 2 horizontal lines connecting the remaining dots to a vertical line. how to hit a draw with your irons NE LINE), go down diagonally right so the first dot you reach is the top line second left dot, carry on going to the bottom right dot (TWO LINES), go up to the top right dot and carry on up as though there is another invisible dot above it (THREE LINES), go down diagonally left to the top line second right dot, carry on going diagonal to the bottom left dot (FOUR LINES), then go right to the
How long can it take?
How do you join 16 dots in a 4x4 square using 4 connecting
- Five Lines Through Twelve Dots The Math Forum at NCTM
- Connect 12 points with exactly 5 straight lines? Yahoo
- The Nine Dot Puzzle A Magic Classroom.com
- How do you connect 12 dots using 5 straight lines and
How To Connect 12 Dots With 5 Lines
8/11/2000 · I asked how to draw 5 straight lines through 12 dots in a 3x4 pattern. The line must start and end in the same place. The answer has one horizontal line and no vertical lines but four diagonal lines.
- This question is not complete. The correct scenario begins with 4 dots arranged in a square. The challenge is as follows:. Draw three straight line. . You cannot lift your p … e
- But the legend shows the connecting line extending on either side of the markers. So obviously it's an XY Scatter With Lines chart type. The chart's not showing the user's data as intended, but I suspect it's because the user did not arrange the data in such a way that Excel could guess how the user intended. That's why I regretted not seeing any data.
- Below are nine dots arranged in a set of three rows. Your challenge is to draw four straight lines which go through the middle of all of the dots without taking the pencil off the paper. If you were using a pencil, you must start from any position and draw the lines one after the other without taking your pencil off the page. Each line starts where the last line finishes. Try this now by
- Caterpillar Connect the Dots: This is a wonderful beginning connect the dots worksheet going up to 5. Any kid will love this cheerful 1-12 connect the dots worksheet of a sun. Truck Connect the Dots Worksheet: The kids will end up drawing a truck in this 1-13 connect the dots worksheet. Car Connect the Dots: Connect the dots 1-14 to complete a picture of a car. Easy Connect the Dots With